Garden Cottage, West Beckham
- Sleeps 2
- Bedrooms 1
- Beach: 2.5 miles
- Shop: 2 miles
- Pub: 0.5 miles
- Dog friendly
- Open Fire / Woodburner
- Off Road Car Parking
- Bedding & linen provided
- Washing Machine
- DVD Player
- Internet access (WiFi)
Garden Cottage is a pretty one bedroomed cottage located close to the other properties which are part of Rookery Farm, West Beckham.
The property has been carefully renovated to retain the original character, whilst providing contemporary accommodation.
It has a spacious private garden with a sun terrace and the lounge has a large fireplace with a log burner. There’s also a modern, fully equipped kitchen. Garden Cottage is ideal for cosy retreats at any time of the year.
Garden Cottage offers:
- Complimentary welcome pack of home-made cake, milk, locally produced cordial, tea, bread from the local bakery and home-made jam
- All bedding and towels (not beach towels)
- Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, oven, microwave, fridge and freezer
- Laundry facilities – washing, drying, ironing
- Flat screen TV, DVD, Hi-fi with CD player/iPod dock
- Free Wireless Broadband Internet connection
- Central heating
- Log burner with free supply of logs
- Outdoor garden furniture and barbecue
- Enclosed garden stocked with herbs for your use
Well-behaved dogs are very welcome by prior arrangement but we ask that they are kept off beds and furniture – please bring your best friend’s bed with you. Your dog will love the endless beach and woodland walks, but please keep him leashed while on the farm.
Please note, the original staircase has been retained to preserve the essential character of the cottage but this is steep and makes this property unsuitable for the less able.
A Saturday changeover at peak season and short breaks are available during low season.
Rookery Farm is a working arable farm of some 800 acres. Crops include malting barley for beer and whisky, wheat for bread making, potatoes for chips and sugar beet.
The farm has been in the same family for three generations – in days gone by there was no electricity and ploughs were horse-drawn.
Footpaths criss cross the farm fields and guests are very welcome to walk these.
In addition, Rookery Farm has maintained wide grass margins around several fields to provide circular walks for guests staying at Rookery Farm.
Locations shown are approximate