Half Hour House, Fakenham
- Sleeps 2
- Bedrooms 1
- Beach: 11 miles
- Shop: 1 miles
- Pub: 1 miles
- Ground Floor Bedroom & Bathroom Facilities
- Bedding & linen provided
- DVD Player
- Internet access (WiFi)
Half Hour House is a beautiful property that offers guests comfortable, modern and high quality accommodation for 2 people in the market town of Fakenham on the River Wensum.
Half Hour House is a lovely ground floor apartment attached to the owners home. It’s located on the outskirts of Fakenham – a historical market town.
- All on one level
- 1 bedroom with queen size bed and en suite luxury shower room with electric shower, toilet and basin, full length mirror, heated towel rail, hairdryer & shaver point
- A combined living/dining/kitchen
- Electric cooker/oven and microwave
- Fridge, separate freezer and all appliances
- HD LRD TV Freeview /DVD player, CD/Radio
- Free Wi-Fi
- Secure off road parking
- Small courtyard patio with table and chairs
- All Linen, bath and hand towels, bathrobes are provided at no extra cost
- Central heating included between September and April
- No smoking
- Sorry no pets
- While we welcome cyclists, we do not allow bicycles to be taken into the apartment and there is no outside secure storage facility available but they can be left in the courtyard.
The property is located close to Fakenham. This is an historic Norfolk market town situated on the River Wensum approximately half way between the old Hanseatic port of King’s Lynn and the cathedral city of Norwich, Norfolk’s county capital.
The town centre hosts a busy Thursday weekly market and monthly farmers’ market on the fourth Saturday of each month. The award-winning market square features an interesting floor display around the war memorial representing the town’s historic association with the printing trade.
Fakenham is ideally situated to visit the north Norfolk coast, which is a designated nature reserve and a range of popular visitor attractions including:
- Pensthorpe Natural Park
- Sculthorpe Moor Nature Reserve
- Fakenham Racecourse and golf course
- The unique Museum of Gas and local history
- The Thursford Collection (steam engines, fairground carousels and the largest Christmas Spectacular Show in England)
- The Sandringham Estate, Holkham Hall, Blickling Hall (NT) and Felbrigg Hall, Gardens and Estate (NT).
- Cley Marshes – home to a range of interesting birds very popular with visitors – accommodation near to a range of RSPB sites of interest
Fakenham also offers a range of restaurants and takeaways, pubs and a cinema plus three supermarkets – everything for your daily needs.
- Once again we have thoroughly enjoyed our break at your “home from home” – Mr & Mrs N North Wales (Jan 2014)
- Thank you for making our stay in Fakenham such a pleasure – J&J Nottingham (Feb 2014)
- Thanks for a great 2 week stay – much looking forward to our return in September – W&P Romford Essex (April 2014)
- We’ve spent a super week here in Half Hour House . Clean cosy comfortable and so convenient for the coast
Hope you’ll have us back – (May 2014)
- What a fantastic week! – walking, wildlife, weather, bird watching – Half Hour House is perfect. We could not have asked for more – Mr & Mrs M Staffordshire, (June 2014)
- Top Notch accommodation – all you could need for a perfect self catering holiday – Mr & Mrs E Lincolnshire
Visit England comments from Inspection Visit January 2015 (latest) : Cleanliness: 5 star
“Open plan apartment with attentive owners who extend a warm welcome. Guests are left a welcome tray with wine, snacks and scones included. It is the little touches that extend the feeling of hospitality.”
Locations shown are approximate